Importing pricelist or price breaks from a CSV file
At CRM -> Pricelists -> Import from CSV it is possible to upload and update pricelists (one pricelist at a time), or to upload and update price breaks for several stock items at a time.
- Demo video: Importing data.
- Uploading a pricelist or price breaks.
- Example table and file.
- Important notes.
To use this functionality, the Tiered Pricing functionality has to be enabled at Settings -> System settings -> Professional functions -> Tiered pricing: Yes.
What is CSV? CSV (Comma-Separated Values) is a universal format for importing or exporting tabular data. A CSV file can be obtained by saving/exporting e.g. an Excel file as CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
When uploading the pricelist CSV file:
- Select your action in the field "Pricelist":
a) Create a new pricelist.
b) Update price breaks - upload or update price breaks for one or several stock items.
c) Update (replace) an existing pricelist.
- Select and match the names of the fields corresponding to the columns in the data.
- Check the "The first row is heading" option if the first row of the file contains headers. Then the first row will not be imported.
- Select "Do not import" as the column type if some column is not to be imported.
- Click Import to upload the data into the appropriate fields of the database.
When uploading pricelists, the fields that can be used are:
|Product||Part number of the item, as defined in Stock -> Items.
If you have products with parameters (Matrix BOM), then unique variation part numbers must be enabled. Each variation must have a unique part number, which is referenced in this field.
|Selling price||The selling price in the pricelist currency.|
|Min. quantity||The minimum order quantity from which this sales price will be chosen.|
|(Up to 15000 lines can be imported at once)|
Download a sample file: import-pricelist.csv
- If the imported file contains non-Latin characters, the file must be in UTF-8 (preferred) or Unicode encoding. If Excel is used to save the file, select the "Unicode Text (*.txt)" option in the "Save as type" field. Even though the extension of the file is TXT, it can be imported as a CSV-file.
- The limit is 6000 lines per upload. If you need more lines per pricelist, ask us.
- Since importing can be a question of trial-and-error, we strongly suggest making a back-up of the database before importing. In that case, if anything goes wrong, it is always possible to restore the previous state.